We have lots of opportunities for you to get involved in solving the problem of hunger in Southeast Texas. Your efforts as a volunteer will help our effort tremendously! Please consider devoting some time to your local food bank. By volunteering your time here, your positive impact on this community will be multiplied many times over. For more information on current volunteer opportunities, please call us at 409.839.8777, toll free at 844.356.9084, or fill out our Volunteer Registration Form below. Thank you.
Rules for Volunteering
- Be prepared to leave with a great feeling! Helping others will make you feel GREAT!
- Dress comfortably, this work is mostly physical and not in a climate controlled environment.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes, this is required for your safety.
- No one under the age of 13.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult.
- If you would like to volunteer but cannot meet the physical conditions, please call us to inquire about other volunteer opportunities. We usually need office support but this work needs to be scheduled please.
We now have the VicTouch system for tracking hours
- Every volunteer has been given a number and you may now use this number to log in when you arrive and out when you leave.
- There is a tablet located in the lobby just for this purpose.
- For instructions please see the volunteer coordinator.
- Each volunteer will be given a name badge with their number. Wear it when you come to volunteer and it will have your number on it so you won’t have to worry about remembering it. Easy!
- For those who do not wish to use this system you may still log in and out in the traditional way.