We have many opportunities for you to get involved in solving the problem of hunger in Southeast Texas. Your efforts as a volunteer will help our effort tremendously! Please consider devoting some time. By volunteering your time, your positive impact on this community will be multiplied many times over. For more information on current volunteer opportunities, please call us at 409.839.8777, toll free at 844.356.9084 or register below.
Sign Up To Volunteer
Below you will find links to different areas within CERVIS, our new volunteer management system. Please contact us if you have questions or need assistance.
If you are a NEW volunteer please complete the application above. No one will be allowed to volunteer unless this application is done PRIOR to any event.
Part of a group?
At the end of the application you will see a place you may search for your group, if you are a part of one. Just start typing in the name of your group and the field should populate.
If you are part of an organization with Lamar University be advised that ALL LU organizations are listed with “Lamar University” first in their title. For example, Lamar University Alpha Alpha Alpha or Lamar University Society of Civil Engineers, and so on.
Are you part of a group that wants to come out to help? Call the volunteer coordinator for instructions on how to add your group to our volunteer database.
Once you have completed your application click on the link below and go to your “home page” in our volunteer management system. You will be asked to make a password then you can register for any events you wish to help with.
Please note: No open toes shoes or headphones allowed in the warehouse due to safety issues.
Some examples of volunteer opportunities are:
- Food Sorting, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from Noon until 3:00 pm
- Frozen Food Sorting, Monday mornings, 9:00 am until Noon
- Non-Food Sorting, Friday Mornings, 8:30 to 11:00 am
- Family Box Day, Every 2nd Saturday of the month, 8:30 until 11:00 am
- School Tools, (closed during the summer) Monday through Thursday from 2:30 until 5:30 pm and every 2nd Saturday from 8:30 until 11:00 am
- Special Events, Golf Tournament annually, Produce drops – usually weekly- call for more info and many others.
- Office Assistance, we usually have office duties which we can use help with. Please call about 9:00 am to check in and find if there are any spaces available.
Ages allowed and restrictions: All volunteers for the warehouse must be at least 18 years old. 13 to 17 year olds are welcome when accompanied by an adult preferably a parent. Children, 12 and under, are not allowed to volunteer at the SETX Food Bank at this time.
We can accommodate almost any volunteer, even if you cannot stand for long periods or lift very much we usually have tasks you can do.