Full Time – Weekly schedule includes rotating Saturday hours.
All Food Bank employees are considered critical first responders during emergency events (Hurricanes, Pandemics, etc.). This will require extreme flexibility of work schedule and hours during such events.
Summary: As part of the Southeast Texas Food Bank team, the Volunteer Service Specialist must be comfortable working together with other volunteer service staff and engaging with large, diverse groups of people daily including, being an Ambassador of the Southeast Texas Food Bank, Warmly welcoming all-volunteers and groups with a positive attitude and provide the ultimate volunteer experience to every volunteer group.
As the face of Volunteer Services, this position interacts heavily with the public and must possess exceptional interpersonal and problem resolution skills, as well as a high-energy, can-do attitude. This role supports all hours of operation at the Southeast Texas Food Bank including knowledge of Gardening, planting and ability to lead educational garden activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a professional appearance wearing your name badge & clean company logo.
- This position requires punctuality and dependable attendance to meet the needs of the SETXFB, including attending and participating in meetings and presentations and annual trainings.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and demands from a variety of ages, skill sets, personalities, people and groups, communicate clearly and effectively, and deliver clear instructions, objectives, and goals to volunteers and groups
- Must be able to engage with all members across the organization in a professional and courteous manner
- High School Diploma or GED
- Active Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Working between several areas of Volunteer Services with co-staff ,Ability to work as a team, manage time efficiently and quickly shift or change task assignments as needed
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professional composure and apply de-escalation techniques when sudden issues occur.
The physical and basic requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by applicants to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Able to lift 25-40lbs, tasks include lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, use of hands, wrists, and fingers to grip.
- Reliable transportation – (Travel required up to 10%)
- Ability to stand for long periods on hard surface, move about the office and around the facility.
- This position involves warehouse heat, outdoor heat and indoor climate control spaces.
The above statements describe the general and essential job functions required for this job and are not a complete list of all responsibilities, working conditions, qualifications, and skills required. SETX Food Bank reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Salary is dependent on experience. The Southeast Texas Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.